5 Easy Steps to Get Smooth Underarm Skin! TLC for Your Pits!
Don’t you wish summertime fashion was as simple as throwing on a tank top, shorts, and slipping on your flip flops? Yep!!! But unfortunately, when you’re showing off so much skin, you’re suddenly reminded that the cold winter has left your skin in rough shape. It’s time to exfoliate!
We all think of our faces when we hear about exfoliating, but what about the sensitive skin of your underarms? We dry shave with dull razors and quickly apply deodorant, and then wonder why our pits are rough, scaly, red, and bumpy! It’s time to pamper yourself and treat your armpits with love.
5 Easy Steps to Get Smooth Underarm Skin!
- Exfoliate your armpits 2-3 times per week to remove dead skin cells and avoid clogged pores, & thus get a closer shave and prevent ingrown hairs.
- Use a new razor so you avoid nicks while shaving.
- Do NOT dry shave. Always wet the skin and use shaving lotion to glide smoothly over your skin.
- Shave armpits before bedtime to allow skin redness and irritation to calm overnight.
- Use deodorant the day after you’ve shaved. Applying deodorant right after shaving may irritate the skin.
Natural Exfoliating Scrub Recipe
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp honey (has antioxidant and antimicrobial properties)
A little lemon juice
Combine all the ingredients and add just enough lemon juice to form a paste.
Smear the scrub on your skin and rub in a circular motion.
Rinse off, dry your skin, and then apply some moisturizer immediately afterwards to seal in moisture.
Now your underarms are SUMMER READY! Get out your favorite tank tops, ladies!
What are your favorite exfoliating scrub concoctions? Share your recipes with us!